Stone Valley Community Market seeks an ambitious General Manager with strong retail and management experience for our small food co-operative in beautiful downtown Poultney, Vermont. Established in 2011, our co-op has more than 400 current members and annual sales ranging from $320k to $460k. We seek a proactive, community-oriented leader to take our co-op to the next level.
- Ideal candidate meets the following qualifications:
- Understanding of financial statements & impacts; knowledge of budget management
- Familiarity with industry standards, margins, and profitability
- Retail experience – ideally in the natural foods industry
- Ability to work well with others in a friendly, cooperative environment where teamwork and constant communication are essential
- Ability to manage staff and juggle multiple obligations and issues as they arise
- Effective communication skills: written, verbal and computer (Excel, Word, Email)
- Demonstrated initiative, leadership, strategic thinking, team collaboration and a positive attitude
- Ability to follow through on commitments and meet objectives effectively under pressure
- Willingness to grow professionally to meet the changing requirements of the job
The General Manager oversees all aspects of day-to-day operations and improves them as necessary while meeting organizational goals as established by the Board of Directors. The General Manager is hired and supervised by the SVCM Board of Directors and abides by the co-op Bylaws and Governance Policies. The General Manager is responsible for fiscal health of the co-op while maintaining a comprehensive natural foods grocery selection that is well organized, dependably stocked and meets the needs of the customer. The General Manager will oversee proper training and supervision of employees, correct ordering, receiving, unloading, storage, and rotation of merchandise in addition to providing clear and accurate financial reports to the Board of Directors on a regular basis.
More information: SVCM General Manager Responsibilities
Compensation: This is a full-time, paid position and compensation will be negotiated based on experience/qualifications.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: GM application) no later than May 15, 2017.